Not understanding cut, engrave, etc

So i have been watching the tutorials and i am having trouble setting the different layers to cut, engrave, etc. watching the tutorial for beginners, the imports an image and it is immediately showing up as cut mode, or when he creates a shape it shows as cut mode.When i do it, everything shows up as line/fill/fill+line. so what am i doing wrong?

The terms were changed from Cut / Scan to Line / Fill. That’s it. Everything else is basically the same, though quite a few more features have been added, so the layout will look a little different.

Thanks. Thought I was losing my mind. So line=cut and fill=engrave. Now I can keep going.
Thanks again

If you’re brand new, there is new documentation that is geared toward new users that we’re still in the process of writing, but it should help you, and there is a small sample project a couple pages in. There are good tips on how to select, navigate, etc as well. Start on this page: https://lightburnsoftware.github.io/NewDocs/BeginnerWalkthrough.html

Thanks for the suggestion. Had a power flicker and now rebuilding my hard drive.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.