Offset circles overlap when lasered

Hi Everyone,

Hopefully as this is my first post it’s in the right section!

I’m having an issue with lasering linework on my AtomStack A5 Pro. If I offset a circle it looks perfect in Lightburn, but then the circles overlap in places when lasered (see attached image). Any thoughts on what this could be?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Andy

If the Preview looks correct then you’re likely missing steps somewhere.

I’d first guess something mechanical. Check your belt tension and make sure you’re not too loose. Belts should be taught but not stretched.

What speed are you burning at? If you reduce speed under 100 mm/m does that change the result?

Hi

Thanks so much for the reply.

The preview is correct. I checked the belts and reduced the speed to under 100mm/m and unfortunately it doesn’t seem to make any difference.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks again for your help.

Andy

Check the pinion gears and make sure they are firmly secured onto the stepper shafts. There should be no back and forth play. Tighten the grub screws making sure one of them is against the flat portion of the shaft.

If not that do a full mechanical review of every linkage point on your machine to make sure there’s no play or looseness anywhere in the mechanical linkage chain.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.