Old GRBL Demand

Hello, I’m using a laseraxe laser as a lot of people and it only supports GRBL 0.8, which can’t be updated by a normal user because the pin connections are different. I’m already using the gcode I get from the Lightburn software and sending it to the laser by another program, so there is no need to change the gcode but the problem is the “ok” part. The Lightburn software can’t recognise the “ok” code coming from the GRBL 0.8 so it always see the laser as “busy” and just because of a basic problem like this, Lightburn software can’t support GRBL 0.8. I demand you to solve this easy and basic problem which will be unbelievably easy for you to solve but will gain a lot to you.

You might get a better response if you were more polite.

I agree with you Blake. Some people just think that they are above everyone else

It’s easy to criticise without knowing. I’ve already tried to get help by being polite and understanding but all I could get was why don’t you just update your grbl, from you Blake. I don’t know whoever you are, but If you’re not with the firm lightburn, please stop answering my questions to lightburn. You can find my previous thread here: Can't control laser

I don’t think I’m over anyone, all I can’t understand is a problem, very easy to solve not being solved but a genious like BLAKE is replying instead with why don’t you upgrade your grbl. Very clever, by suggesting something so easy to think of, you’re the one thinking that you’re above everyone else because you’re implying that I’m so stupid that I can’t think of updating my device.

You mean this post, where I simply asked why you couldn’t update your firmware?

Maybe a polite answer would have elicited some helpful advice. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

I do not have this board or machine to test with, and require physical access to it to be sure it is correct. If you can send me one, I’ll see what I can do.

I’m not the manufacturer so I only have one and I’m using the device. As much as I understand from what I’ve researched from, the problem is that the Lightburn Software doesn’t recognise the ok code coming from the machine. Would it be helpful if I send you a log? I’ld be happy to help in the development process

I’ve reviewed the old thread, and it looks like the issue is the {0/0} prefix before the ‘ok’ response. I’m guessing, because I don’t have one of these boards to test, but I’ve added code to the next release to remove that before parsing. That might be enough to fix it.

1 Like

omg you’re perfect. Thank you very much for your help :)) I’m so glad :smiley: Is there anything I can do to help you? Some kind of a beta test maybe?

Don’t know if this is of any use to you but it looks like someone has created newer version of GRBL http://benboxlaser.us/index.php?topic=1777.0

This looks like it might solve my problem but can it be trusted? If it fails can ı take it back?

You’d need to have an uploadable version of your old firmware and the ability to re-flash to it.

I’m not sure if I can. I’m an architect, not a programmer

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.