Ortur laser 20w engraves mirror view

I just set up my first laser, Ortur laser 20w with LightBurn.
With my first test-run it engraves what’s on the screen back-worth or if it was mirrored. both the position and text.
I did several test, and it does the same every time.
The engraving looks really great, but it would have been nice if it was engraving the same way its made in LightBurn.
Does anyone knows what this is?

frode
r

You likely don’t have the origin set to the front-left in LightBurn. Go to Edit > Device Settings and move the ‘Origin’ corner to the front-left.

1 Like

I am having the same issue. However your recommendations is not working for me. It only changes where it shows up on the screen. On the preview, it looks perfect, on the lasered surface. Mirrored. At one setting only the text was mirrored. I’m so confused.

If you have a design loaded when you change the origin, yes, you’re correct, it changes where it is on screen (and flips) but the laser output will be identical. If you then select the art and press H or V to flip it back to where it should be, THEN run it, it should be correct on the laser as well.

Yes, thank you very much. Having the logo grouped together was throwing it off as well. I un-grouped the logo from the text, line art & lines, & then everything fell into place. I appreciate the help.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Ortur Laser - Mirrored image