Ortur Laser Master 2 - Motor "Jerky"?

Hi, I just got the laser master 2 20w by Ortur. So far I’m loving it and it seems to work well with Lightburn (although it didn’t auto home this time, so that’s odd).

My question though, is the motor seems to be a bit “jerky” specifically going up and down. So when it’s moving fast, it’s screwing up lines and things. It’s a little frustrating and I can’t figure out why it’s happening. Any ideas?

Your frame may be slightly out of square and it is binding slightly, or your belts and pulleys may not be meshing correctly on both sides. Are the teeth of the belt sitting in the valleys of the pulley fully on both sides? It certainly sounds like a hardware issue that you will need to track down. Does it only do it when traveling quickly or also when traveling at a slower rate? What about if you power it off and push it by hand, does it do it then?

Tyler,
Ok, so I checked the squareness and I ran the pulleys by hand. It seems to only happen when it’s moving quickly. I’ll attach a picture so you can see the example, but it was during a script font that it got particularly jerky. Look on the “I” and “O” where you can see it went a bit out of line.

The only thing I was able to find it the right-hand side belt may have been just a tiny bit too loose. It didn’t move as smoothly as the left-hand side. I corrected and tightened it, but had to leave last minute for a week. So I’ll test and update next Monday! Thanks so much again.

Tyler, I got stuck away from the laser with the weather. I just wanted to let you know it was totally a belt issue. I tightened the slightly loose side and kept testing and that solved the issue! Thanks again.

I’m glad to hear, and thanks for posting the solution. It may help someone else in the same boat later.