Ortur Laser Master 2 - small font problem

Hi I just got my Laser Master 2 20W - and I struggle to get a small font clear and readable.

The main thing is focus the laser - that part is good I think

Now comes the hard part for me - I use adobe illustrator and can create most of the supportet formats. But what is the best method, format and font for a good result with the laser and lightburn.

The integrated font in lightburn with “line” and “fill” didn’t get me a nice result. But I also need some speed suggestions please.

@OrturTech do you can help me here?

Theres no exact science on this, besides trial and error
This said, vectorized lines will end up always being better defined than raster operations

If you are going to use raster, (fill) operations be sure to check the overscan option. so the machine has time to decelerate -> stop -> reverse -> accelerate without burning the edges of the letters

I would separate the problem in 3 parts
a) line Get the outlines perfect
b) fill - get the fill good
c) combine fill/line toguether (achievable on the same layer)

Each might require slightly different speeds and settings which a Line/Fill operation can achieve

On very small fonts though you might need to vectorize the center only, so only line font no infill

regarding speeds, they do vary hugely on your material, so is hard to tell.

P.S: a picture of your results might help figure out whats going on too

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.