Ortur Laser Master 3 still busy

Hello,

I’ve just bought me a fine laser (OLM3) and was expecting to install and use it right away. First I’ve installed the app Laser Explorer and connected it to the laser. Everything works fine. My next step was installing Lightburn on my laptop (LENOVO Windows 10). I followed the steps by installing manually the first time. The connecting was also good. So my next step was to make some moves. Unfortunately this was impossible because ready immediately changed in busy for 100% and nothing happened for minutes. The only way to disconnect was to disable the com-port and then select it again. After some attempts that didn’t work any more. Further remarks: When the laser is connected it connects and disconnects several times. In my opinion the USB-connection is not stable. To check the installation I also installed Lightburn on my desktop-computer, also Windows 10 and my laser works fine. I checked the informationin the console on both machines and they are equal. So my question is: Is my laptop the reason for my problems?

[MSG:25:USB SERIAL STREAM CONNECTED]

Ortur Laser Master 3 Ready!

OLF:206.

OLH:OLM_ESP_PRO_V2.4B.

OLM:GENERAL.

GrblHAL 1.1f [‘$’ or ‘$HELP’ for help]

[ORIGIN:China]

[PRODUCER:ORTUR]

[AUTHOR:LEADIFFER]

[MODEL:Ortur Laser Master 3]

[OLF:206]

[OLH:OLM_ESP_PRO_V2.4B]

[OLM:GENERAL]

[DATE:20220920]

[SN:50DCFD45A7A4F3506AD0A9E7B1C420F0]

[VER:1.1f.20220325:]

[OPT:VNZHS+,63,32767,3,0]

Target buffer size found

[NEWOPT:ENUMS,RT+,HOME,NOPROBE,TC,SED,WIFI,FTP,TMC=7,SD,ITG,GT]

[FIRMWARE:grblHAL]

[NVS STORAGE:*FLASH]

[DRIVER:ESP32-S2]

[DRIVER VERSION:220327]

[DRIVER OPTIONS:v4.4.1-dirty]

[BOARD:Ortur Laser Master 3]

[WIFI MAC:58:CF:79:A6:D9:F0]

[IP:192.168.178.69]

[PLUGIN:Power Detecter v1.0]

[PLUGIN:Power Control v1.0]

[PLUGIN:gyroscope sensor v1.0]

[PLUGIN:Trinamic v0.09]

[PLUGIN:SDCARD v1.05]

[PLUGIN:ITG STREAM v1.00]

[PLUGIN:ESP32 WebUI v0.03]

[PLUGIN:GADGET v1.00]

ok

After automatically disconnect and connect the following info is showed in the console:

ok

Port failed to open - already in use?

[MSG:25:USB SERIAL STREAM CONNECTED]

Ortur Laser Master 3 Ready!

OLF:206.

OLH:OLM_ESP_PRO_V2.4B.

OLM:GENERAL.

GrblHAL 1.1f [‘$’ or ‘$HELP’ for help]

ok

[ORIGIN:China]

[PRODUCER:ORTUR]

[AUTHOR:LEADIFFER]

[MODEL:Ortur Laser Master 3]

[OLF:206]

[OLH:OLM_ESP_PRO_V2.4B]

[OLM:GENERAL]

[DATE:20220920]

[SN:50DCFD45A7A4F3506AD0A9E7B1C420F0]

[VER:1.1f.20220325:]

[OPT:VNZHS+,63,32767,3,0]

Target buffer size found

[NEWOPT:ENUMS,RT+,HOME,NOPROBE,TC,SED,WIFI,FTP,TMC=7,SD,ITG,GT]

[FIRMWARE:grblHAL]

[NVS STORAGE:*FLASH]

[DRIVER:ESP32-S2]

[DRIVER VERSION:220327]

[DRIVER OPTIONS:v4.4.1-dirty]

[BOARD:Ortur Laser Master 3]

[WIFI MAC:58:CF:79:A6:D9:F0]

[IP:192.168.178.69]

[PLUGIN:Power Detecter v1.0]

[PLUGIN:Power Control v1.0]

[PLUGIN:gyroscope sensor v1.0]

[PLUGIN:Trinamic v0.09]

[PLUGIN:SDCARD v1.05]

[PLUGIN:ITG STREAM v1.00]

[PLUGIN:ESP32 WebUI v0.03]

ok

Last remark: When I want to close down Lightburn says : You are currently streaming to your device. (still busy 100%).

Who can help me?

Jan Jansen

There is newer firmware available on Ortur’s site that may help. You may also find that using WiFi instead of USB is more stable.

1 Like

Thanks for your response Atroz. I’ll try the firmware first. Because of running on my desktop without problems I didn’t try that.

Jan.

Yesterday I installed the new firmware but there is no difference. For unknown reasons the USB-connection disconnects and connects several times. Can this be a hardware problem of my laptop or are there communicationerrors betwen laser nd laptop? I also have checked the energy-settings of my laptop but that’s in my opinion not the cause. On my desktop, same Windows-10 version, it works fine. Strange!

There was an emerging LM3 slowdown and stop problem caused by Windows 10 Mounting the laser as a storage device.

Please test this and report back.

Hello John Johnson and Atroz,

Problem Solved! Thanks to the YouTube fim] (ORTUR Laser Master 3, Connection Problem Solved! - YouTube)

Disabling the Espressi Mass Storage USB device was the solution.

Thanks a lot,

Jan Jansen
from the Netherlands

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.