Overburning using line sublayer

Hi guys, I’ve been using lightburn now for a few months and it’s absolutely fantastic! I am having a bit of a problem since the last update though. I like to do a fill and line for small text but I am having a problem doing it as a sublayer. It seems as though the first shape in the line sublayer is overburning. The problem happens when using a single fill layer with a line sublayer. I did another test by copy and pasting the design, aligning it to itself, then applying a single fill layer to one and a single line layer to the other with the same settings as the sublayer setup. Anyone else have this issue?

The top is a simple fill for reference
The middle is the passed test using a single fill and single line layers
The bottom is the failed test using a single fill with line sublayer. You can see the t farthest on the right is over burned.

Thanks for the help and looking forward to being more active around here!

test fail - fill_line.lbrn (74.5 KB)
test pass - fill_line 2 layer.lbrn (136.9 KB)

I forgot to add the lightburn files just incase someone could maybe see if I’ve done something wrong. Thanks again!

I believe this was the same issue reported earlier. It may have been addressed in today’s release (1.20.01) based on this note:

• Bugfix: Ruida didn’t properly set speed when using sub-layer line after a fill

See if the update addresses this for you.

Can confirm, the update has solved the problem. Thank-you!!

Having similar problem, except mine is ignoring changes to the sub-layer power settings. I have to exit the software and restart for my laser cutter to acknowledge them. I’ve installed 1.20.01 but the problem persists.

That sounds like something unique. I suggest you open a new topic with as much detail as possible to recreate the issue to see if others are experiencing the same thing.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.