Overlay not matching Cuts

Hi all, I am using a non lightburn usb camera (12mp, 120 degree), and am having the darndest issue getting cuts to line up with the overlay. If you see in the attached photo, all three cuts in the circle are cut at the same time, yet they are all offset from the overlay in different directions…

I can’t for the life of me find a way to fix this.

Many thanks

If you have been very precise with the calibration it is likely that your camera is not 100% “static”. That is, it moves minimally or you do not take into account the difference in material thickness.

Material is a flat piece of ply that is sitting level, and while it may be the camera moves slightly, I can do multiple cuts and it always has bang on the same offset from different overlay updates.

So it’s hard to say what it could be. It has been my experience that as soon as the distance or angle changes, even if only minimally, the result is different. My camera is mounted with screws in the middle of a rather massive lid of my machine with hydraulic dampers and a mechanical stop, yet the play in the hinges is enough to give some variance in the camera overlay. However, I can compensate for the deviations with the built-in adjustment option in LightBurn.
I hope you find a solution for your setup.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.