Per-device rotary setup

Search only finds various posts on material profiles and countour/profiles, so hopefully this isn’t an already answered question.

I just ordered a rotary and, rather than going in and changing multiple settings to switch between XY and rotary, I found I could create a new machine profile pointing to the same device. I thought that rotary setup (Y speed, acceleration, rotary enable, etc) would be saved with the profile, but it seems to be a global configuration.

Is there a way to do the above; have a “Ruida” and “Ruida - Rotary” setup that have independent settings and just chose the configured device depending on the job?

There isn’t - the rotary settings are stored in the controller itself, not the software.

But the rotary toggle and acceleration could be saved and if you change devices have it read/verify/update the controller settings?

I can feature request that, but at least I know I’m not missing something obvious. :slight_smile:

The use case would primarily be to make sure speed/acceleration don’t get missed. Diameter is something that is in your face on the rotary setup screen. Maybe even an internal a/b copy of machine settings and toggling the rotary enable button would write out the pertinent changes.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.