Photo on Black Granite

For that power, I’d suggest using Jarvis or Stucki, 120 to 180 DPI. Select the image, then right-click and choose ‘Show Properties’, set the Gamma to 0.8, Enhance Amount to 200, and set the enhance radius to about 4 or higher - just enough to give you a small visible halo around edges, which will help the edge detail pop.

Sure
Its part of a memorial for a friends pooch.
It is already cropped and in LB as a Bitmap.

Well that’s interesting. It looks like a dog in the original photo, but like a 57 chevy when engraved on granite. I don’t think your laser is working right. :slight_smile:

That is the magic of the internet my friend :smile: :+1:

That ‘57 Chevy is a dog!

Observation … that Brown Lab will be a white lab on that Black Granite .plus it will have a hard time in the detail department as a result of low shadow detail.

I strongly recommend removing the background before engraving

Cheers

Sasquatch

1 Like

If my 57 was a dog it was a greyhound…lol
That puppy could RUN

Here is the original photo,

What is the size of that piece of Home Depot granite? Is it 4"x4" or 24"x24"? Would make a big difference for anyone trying a comparison.

The 57 Chevy Is 6 x12 inches
The dog memorial that I am doing is approximately 8 x 7
Here is the finished product, Background removed with photo scissors and processed only in LightBurn,
Note to OZ, This is hands down the best money I spent for my laser, I rarely use corel draw any more and if the next update has the additions you have mentioned I should be using LightBurn 99.9% of the time
The to of photo got chopped off. The image is centered on the granite :smile:

What DPI did you do the car at? I downloaded your file. It’s native 72 dpi. If I make it 254 DPI it’s only 7.8x5.8 inches. I don’t see how the image could be 6x12. The proportions aren’t right.

My Mistake
The granite size is 6 x 12, imag is 5x7 on the granite.
If memory serves it was 300 DPI. and was done when I first got Photograv then into corelDraw x6 then to RD Works, I like LightBurn so much better.

So I gave it a shot.

I cannot get my photos to transfer to my lazer, they come in on my lazer screen as one big black square and do I need to invert the photo’s or anything to make them engrave correctly on granite? I’m struggling to figure this out and I know it shouldn’t be this hard. I am new to Lightburn.
Thanks!

I answered you here:

Nice work. What were your settings? I have the Laguna EX 100watt laser. Just got some test pieces of granite. Thank you

I will look them up I did that a couple of years ago I know it was with a 2.5 lens

The settings on my 100 watt Bodor was 30/30 power and 100 speed on home depot absolute black granite. If I remember correctly I processed the photo in photo-grav and ran it in RD Works because it was way before I got LightBurn

Is your laser a CO2?

Yes it is, and I apologize for the delay, I have not been on the forum since that post

I have an 80w CO2. Here is my granite engraving. 2" lens
8 x 12 black granite from Supernova
BG removed in photoshop, processed in Photograv
Image 200s 16-12 power
Words 200s 17-16 power with 2 passes, then one pass at 180s 20-18 p for more depth
Shadow 8x12 memorial

1 Like