Please explain how to get line+fill back on LB i

find this very confusing and frustrating taking away from the ease of the earlyer version guess im not smart enough to understand how to correct the problem advice please

In the cut settings editor click the + - in the top right and add a sub-layer.

https://lightburnsoftware.github.io/NewDocs/UI/CutSettings/index.html#sub-layers

From the 1.2.00 release announcement:

The relevant documentation:
https://lightburnsoftware.github.io/NewDocs/UI/CutSettings/index.html#sub-layers

1 Like

i still cant get it to work can i go back to the older version and delete new one sorry i dont like this change

Start with the first layer set as fill. Open the cut settings and add a sub-layer and set it to line.

1 Like

Don’t do that - it takes a very small amount of time to get used to this, it’s MUCH more powerful, and if you revert, you miss out on a lot of bug fixes and other improvements. Take a moment - Click the little (+) in the upper-right corner to add a second pass to the layer, and set that second pass to a Line layer, like Jeff shows in the image above. It’s not hard - I promise.

2 Likes

ty ill just try to find the old version or do with out this update wasnt worth the headache its causing others besides me

Seriously, just give it a minute, and don’t give up - if the change to Fill+Line is the only thing you’re having trouble with, that won’t last long, and there are a LOT of other changes and improvements to this version. It’s a very small difference.

This video covers the changes, and why you should keep this version:

3 Likes

I do not like this change either some of us do not need all that extra stuff and it SHOULD BE AN OPTION TO KEEP THE SIMPLE FILL AND LINE ALSO IT WOULD NOT BE HARD FOR THE FOLKS AT LIGHTBURN TO PROVIDE IT.

Actually, we had to change a LOT of stuff under the hood to make this new system work, so yes, actually it’s a huge amount of work to make it optional, I’m afraid.

5 Likes

emphasized textIM TIRED OF THE HEAD ACHE HOPE OTHER ARE BETTER AT UNDERSTANDING IT MORE THAN I CAN . MAKE A VIDEO IF ITS SO EASY, IM NOT THE ONLY ONE POSTING COMPLIANTS ABOUT THE CHANGE,.MAYBE I SHOULD NEVER SPENT THE MONEY ON THIS PROGRAM, IF THIS IS WHAT MY MONEY IS BUYING.

I did - I posted the video above.

3 Likes

I [quote=“LightBurn, post:6, topic:70478, full:true”]
Don’t do that - it takes a very small amount of time to get used to this, it’s MUCH more powerful, and if you revert, you miss out on a lot of bug fixes and other improvements. Take a moment - Click the little (+) in the upper-right corner to add a second pass to the layer, and set that second pass to a Line layer, like Jeff shows in the image above. It’s not hard - I promise.
[/quote]

GUESS I WILL FOREFIT MY MONEY SPENT ON THIS IM LOKKING FOR ANOTHER APP, THERE ARE OTHERS OUT THERE BUT I FEEL LB IS JUST THROWING ANSWERS OFF THE WALL NOT TO DEAL WITH OUR COMPLAINTS… GODD LUCK ON FUTURE CHANGES THIS ISNT FOR ME ,. IF I HAD A WAY TO GET MY MONEY BACK I WOULD DO IT… BYE ALL

It is exactly one change, that alters the way you use Fill+Line mode, and you’re going to stop using the whole application for this one thing? I honestly and truly do not understand that.

If you really want to go back to the old way, just install 1.1.04 again. You can install any version of LightBurn you like from our release archive (find any older version << here.)

2 Likes

IF ITS SOEASY CHANGE IT BACK MAKE UR PAYERS HAPPY AGAIN[quote=“LightBurn, post:14, topic:70478, full:true”]
It is exactly one change, that alters the way you use Fill+Line mode, and you’re going to stop using the whole application for this one thing? I honestly and truly do not understand that.
[/quote]

Here are the older versions if you are dead set on downgrading.

It’s easy to get used to - it was absolutely NOT a simple change to make to the app itself. You can now stack up to 11 passes on each other, all doing different things. If you don’t want to use it, you don’t have to, but Fill+Line now works this way I’m afraid, and we can’t change it back. I’m sorry you don’t like it, but I really do think if you gave it a chance, it would not take long to get used to.

IM DEAD SET ON FINDING SOMETHING ELSE YOU ARE NOT ADDRESSING UR PAYERS CONCERNS I ILL FIND ANOTHER PROGRAM THIS HAS BECOME A WAISTE OF MY TIME ,TRYING TO GET LINE AND FILL BACK, AND LB REALLY DONT SEEM TO CARE ABOUT NOT ONLY MY CONCERNS ON THIS BUT MANY OTHERS COMPLAINING ON THE SAME SUBJECT. SO YO SAY REALLY I SAY REALLY…PLEASE DONT ANSWER BACK WITH SOME BS EXCUSE TY

Sorry I was just trying to show you where to find the older version. 1.1.04 has the fill and line option the way you like it.

And I’m just a user.

Thank Oz.
I appreciate the new up date and I know many others do also. Yes I was a little confused at 1st but after watching the video you posted and a little effort on my part it works great ! Your software is #1 in my book.

2 Likes