Please help troubleshoot my Laser

Hi,

I have just received a new Falcon 10w laser engraver, The first one I received I set up witin 30 minuted and was engraving no problem. I just received a new one, set it up and went to start catching up on orders and im getting an error code "gpio_isr_handler_remove(480): GPIO isr service is not installed, call gpio_install_isr_service() firste[0m " The engraver will home fine, move, and fire, But it stops working FEW SECONDS AFTER I START ANY ENGRAVING/CUT. Anybody have any suggestions? I need to get these orders done, I don’t have time to wait for another machine…

This is generally an indication the USB connection is failing, which can be caused by a wide variety of factors.

A good checklist:

That’s written for Sculpfun lasers, but the USB problems seem common to all desktop diode lasers.

This could be a symptom of a firmware concern.

These messages are from your controller. If you get these instead of connection messages we have to dig deeper.

Grab a good magnifying glass or a good close-up camera and attempt to identify the processor chip on the control board. It’s probably an STM-32. With the processor information we can track the error messages back to their cause.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.