Poor camera accuracy with Ortur Lasermaster and non lightburn camera

I am a woodturner and I have an Ortur Lasermaster set up to etch the bottoms of wooden bowls that I have made. I have a 5mp camera mounted directly over the centre of the laser working bed on a home made “gallows”. The gallows is pretty rigid and does not appear to move yet I am having huge accuracy problems despite having recalibrated the lens and the alignment multiple times. accuracy is quite important and I need it to be around 0.5mm and at the moment the nearest I can get is around 0.5 - 1 cm offset from the camera image. I have checked out the existing posts on accuracy and cannot find any potential answers. Can anyone help? I would post a photo but I cannot find a way to do it

i have a Logitech C930e webcam mounted about 70 cm high, at first try i was getting about 3mm offset :(, i redid the lens calibration as non-fisheye and redid the 4 corner scans about 3 times ensuring the + where as center as i could figure out on the zoomed blurred image. Now i seem to have narrowed the error to about 1mm - make sure the camera is perfectly aligned flat with the top plane… if i can get it to work well this will be really interesting for cutting out embroidery patch right off the hoop.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.