Poor performance, Boss LS-3655, 150 W

I have noticed that the laser performance has greatly decreased in regards to power. I am having to slow the speed down and increase power significantly to get marginal results.

I have performed the beam alignment and focus depth procedures and changed to a new lens multiple times.

Replaced the beam combiner lens.

Below are the resistor test results;

• Step 13: while pushing the test button on the power supply the mA meter is 43.8 mA.
  • Step 15: while pushing the test button on the power supply the mA meter acted strange, first pulse 4 mA, second 30.5 mA, third 30 mA, fourth 30.5 mA and subsequent pulses averaged 30.5 mA.

Seems like something is intermittent, is this an indication of the tube going bad?

• Mirrors are in excellent condition, no damage or deformation and very clean. Performed the entire alignment process again.

• Auto-Focus distance may be off. Verified

• Settings (Power % & Speed) need to be the appropriate power/speed. Verified

• Table leveling may be needed as the table may be misaligned. Verified and made adjustment.

• Made new files and sent to machine and from LB, no change.

• Temperature should consistently be between 65-75 degrees Fahrenheit while running. Verified 68°F

Jumped out chiller, no change.

Adjusted door safety switch no change.

Thanks in advance for your knowledge in solving the issue.

Joseph

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.