Position Issue Using Absolute Coords

Hi,

I ́ve been using Lightburn for a while with a jtech attached to a X-Carve using the first controller generation. Everything was working fine until I upgraded to the X-Controller, where the laser is engraving in the wrong coordinates in the Y Axis (X axis is right) using absolute coords. For example, the work should be done in Y pos 107.000 and it ́s engraving in Y pos 378.000. As I mentioned before, X pos are right. If I move the Y axis “manually” using lightburn, the distance travelled are right.
What could be the problem? If I use actual position for starting the work, I have no problems with distances, the issue is using absolute coordinates.

Thanks,

Federico

Type $# in the console and press enter - Does G54 show an offset? (It should be configured to offset the controller from upper-right origin to lower-left, following the guide here: https://github.com/LightBurnSoftware/Documentation/blob/master/CommonGrblSetups.md#common-grbl-setups )

Also check that your $10 setting is 0, for reporting position in workspace coordinates, not absolute machine space.

Hi,

My G54 shows [G54:2.000,-488.000,-23.700]. I also checked the $10 and it´s set to 0, but the machine is still starting the job way far in the Y axis. What could the problem be? thanks!

Where is your machine origin? That G54 is showing a large offset in Y (-488 mm).

Hi Oz,

Seems that´s the problem. How can I set to 0 that value in the Y axis?

Thanks,

Federico

G10 L2 P1 is the command, then you follow with the axis offsets, so to zero everything it would be:

G10 L2 P1 X0 Y0 Z0
1 Like

Thanks Oz! that was the problem, now all works fine :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.