Potential issue with Offset when applied on multiple objects

LB Version: 1.1.03

Can I get confirmation on a behavior of the Offset tool that I’m seeing? I noticed that if I have multiple objects selected that the offset is being applied to the entire group of objects instead of the offset being applied to each object separately. This is true irrespective of setting of “Outer shapes only” toggle.

I have a recollection of this working differently in previous versions where each object would be discretely offset. The promise of the “Outer shapes only” feature was to allow for an automated way of handling an offset of the entire selection as a whole.

Can anyone corroborate? I’m not entirely confident about this but it seems like my understanding would be the right thing to do.

Check out the screenshot. Enabling “Outer shapes only” makes no change to the resulting offset.

Tagging @Rick and @LightBurn for awareness.

Okay. That explain what’s going on. And thinking about it now it would need to do this to accommodate irregular shapes.

After experimenting more it looks like “Outer shapes only” works when there’s an outer shape that encloses the entirety of the inner objects. Also makes sense.

Thanks for the sanity check.

Sorry for such a delay in responding @berainlb. Glad to see @RalphU jumped in to offer an explanation. :slight_smile: Thank you Ralph! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.