Power Settings Won't Adjust

you need to set the correct values ​​on the panel. put at least 1%. maximum 99%.
at least 20% like you, that’s a lot. My laser cuts 20% through 4mm plywood. Therefore, you do not see the difference. You say in LightBurn to cut with 1% power, but in fact your power is 20%.

Am I missing another way to set the max/min? I have my minimum already set at 1% and max at 99% on my Ruida controller panel. Through lightbulb I am having different test burns on different layers/colors at a variety of power levels within that 1-99% power range, yet there is no difference in the burns.

Is there another setting I am missing?

At this point the only thing I can think of is maybe the factory settings are incorrect or wrong, and are overriding my settings.

Thanks.

What is the state of L-On1? The only reason I ask is that if the main enable is just turning it on, then you have a bad supply. It sounds like the PWM measurement is reasonable. Since the PWM is changing it only leaves the L-On1 line turning the laser on and off. The power supply is ignoring the PWM signal.

My guess is that if you remove the PWM line, it will still fire full power.

Good luck :slight_smile:

Are you still having the issue, or did you figure it out? When I’m in “Line” mode, it sounds like my laser is doing the same thing, the power jumps right up regardless of my settings. Is your laser varying output in engrave mode, but not line mode?

Thanks,
Mark C.

I have the same issue, did you solve it?

Hi, no, I hope to hear back from Chris on if it is line mode only, but mine is not resolved, still trying to figure it out:
Same Settings Producing Different Results: Draw 2mA in Fill Mode, Drawing 10mA in Line Mode - LightBurn Software - LightBurn Software Forum

I was having issues getting my power turned down enough to not burn through and after trying everything went to tools/machine settings, and my minimum in the machine settings had somehow been changed to 30% after changing it back to 10% I was able to control everything again.

Great, I think we were miscommunicating. Glad you have it under control.

Take care :slight_smile:

I will take a look again in Machine Settings, thanks!

Make sure that lb has downloaded the settings from the machine and then be sure to load any changes back to the machine

did you try rd works to see how rd works works?

I believe LB sends over the settings for each project. Machine settings look ok when I bring them up in LB and click READ. I’m thinking my issue is a setting somewhere, and if not that, the power supply, but it engraves perfectly and spikes power for all “Line” engraves…baffled…

OMTech had me do a video with RDWorks and I could not get the laser to fire…they said it was because I had PEN selected. I did run the test file the laser shipped with (taking software settings out of the picture), and it did pretty good. It burned through a little, but the settings are for and burned into plexi shipped with the machine.

Carmel,
Any luck with your issue?

No but I am checking with the company I bought it from, maybe they can help me

Pen selected?

Hi Carmel,
If/when you get it figured out, please post how you fixed it so others on this site can avoid what we have been going through. I’ve seen at least 2 other posts, but they never come back to tell how they fixed it.

I contacted OMTech and they wanted me to download RDWorks, open a Youtube account, run a test file, video it and email them the link. Well, I did all of that, but the laser did not fire (operator error), and when they saw the video they said it was because I had the test done in “Pen” mode on RDWorks and to do it using “Scan” mode…so I did, same results.

As mentioned I’m sure RDWorks will fire and that it was operator error by someone (me) that has spent over a month learning LB. Crappy support as far as I’m concern from OMTech! Again, the above file using only the laser with settings for plexi printed pretty good with only a couple of burn throughs on 1/8", so I have to believe the issue is something software related that is causing the tube to fire overly hot when it gets the signal in Line mode.

Internally, on all these controllers they have ‘speed limits’ so to speak. This includes max speed of the axes and other limits. It also sets both ends of the laser power range.

Lightburn (or any other program) can tell the controller anything it wants but if it goes outside of the set internal limits of the controller, you will get the value closest to that limit. If the minimum is set to 40% and you send it 10% you get 40%. If maximum is set to 80% and lightburn sends it at 90% you will get the 80% limit. The controller has the final say and rightly so. Protect the hardware at all costs. :slight_smile:

When you read the controller, what is the laser minimum and maximum set at?
It’s under ‘Laser’ I believe.

There is a limited number of things that can do this. It has to be a configuration issue or a hardware failure.

I understood this was solved. :frowning:

I had less than stellar support with OMTech Laser. I run Linux and have Firefox, Chrome and Opera and on all three browsers I cannot go to OMTech sit. All of them sit and spin on the loading.

In their magnificent knowledge they advised me they only support Windows :frowning: Couldn’t convince them otherwise and wouldn’t generate any help even though I’m sure they are losing money over it.

Give you some idea of the smarts they’re hiring, at least on phone support. The machine itself has been great.

Hi Jack,
Thank you for the response! I’ve unwantedly kinda hijacked Chris’ post. I set out only asking if he got his issue fixed and it has carried over that there are at least two of use on here with a similiar issue. I have not yet heard back from Chris.

I just sent OMTech a video of the issue…seems to be happening with RDWorks also: https://youtu.be/H-ZxKRdIt3U

I have set lightburn to Min=0.01%, Max=0.01% and it still burns through. Now after 20 minutes ago I know that it does the same thing in RDWorks, so it must be a hardward issue. I have set the Ruida controller to extremely low percentages, but I was told that the controller has no affect if using LB.

It engraves fine in LB and RDW, but in LB Line Mode or RDW Cut Mode (low %) it jumps to what appears to be full power.

Thank you,
Mark C.