Problem with Jog movements crashing

I use lightburn and Openbuilds Control to jog/run gcodes on my machine. I have been for a while. I can jog to position with openbuilds Control all day and there is no issue. I can run a job with both lightburn and openbuilds and all movements are very accurate and have I have no issues. However, when I try to jog within the lightburn interface, it will move as expected (whatever I have it set to in distance text box) for a few moves. Randomly, I will click to jog for instance .25 inches and the machine will just continue going until it crashes or I hit the emergency stop button. It doesn’t make sense because most jog moves work correctly and the jobs are executed properly. What would be causing my issue?

Thanks!

If you enable “$J jogging” in Device Settings does this still happen?

Also, do you have soft limits ($20=1) enabled in GRBL settings?

I have jogging enabled in device settings. I have $20=0. But wouldn’t this. Be the same for both open builds and lightburn? Thanks for the help!

Jogging would be software specific I believe. But yes, $20 would be common. It’s likely Openbuilds is managing that on the application side.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.