Problem with off set image

Hello berainlb yes from what I’ve seen it does seem the shifted line and weird laser movement do relate. I have manually moved the x and y axis through there whole range before but I will try again. I know the belts have previously been replaced not long before I got the machine.
Also just had a read through the other forum topic you linked in. it does make sense what they did and ill give it a go on mine and see what happens

This might almost point to the problem. Check for mangled or missing teeth, proper belt tension, binding, etc.

Sounds like you go this second hand. Was it advertised as working properly? Have you tried using RDWorks? I doubt it would make a difference but might be worth eliminating a variable.

Hi yes it is a second hand machine, it was working fine when i got it, but it was running a leetro controller and i was finding the laser cut 5.3 software really painful to use. so switched the controller over not long after getting it so i could convert to light burn.

Does anyone have a similar machine they could run this on and see if it occurs on other machines…

Mine is a 6442 and is in my room, so I can’t really use it to test anything at the moment.

Need to start eliminating potential problems.

Following the logic that it worked previously, it’s probably mechanical…but…

:smiley_cat:

just looking at reducing the acceleration setting on the 2 axis to see if it makes a difference. this is what i have to start with…

what speed do other people use?

Progress! I decided to switch back to the old leetro mpc6535 and laser cut 5.3 that i was trying to get away from and the machine is now working fine i’ve used it for 4 hours today and not had any issue with off set images or loosing track on cutting paths.
I would still rather switch to light burn and get away from the laser cut software. But to me this seem to rule out any mechanical issues with the machine and point either towards the new controller, electrical interference or software glitch? the part that’s the most confusing is where its intermittent, which makes me think its probably not the software as it did run fine some times.

Agree that it likely rules out mechanical issues which is good. I suspect LightBurn is fine since as you say, it does occasionally work and is being used on similar machines. I think the main variable is the controller itself. Are you able to RMA the controller?

it was from cloudray. so ive messaged them, just wait and see what they come back with

Still in talks with cloudray at the moment, they don’t seem to have a uk based engineer, and there offering solutions to try and fix the problem with out fully reading the message ive sent them!

They are a Chinese company, wouldn’t expect them to be elsewhere. So they probably have to translate the message then the reply is translated. That’s after it’s taken a couple days to catch up with them.

I’m sure they have ‘steps’ for each type of issue. 90% of the problem is just communication.

Hang in there…

:smiley_cat:

managed to fix it. turned out it was the data transfer between pc and laser. i was using a usb cable to transfer files to the laser as thats what the old system had used, which was corrupting the data. switched to ethernet cable and it now works fine

That sounds… suspicious. But glad it’s working. If it was a problem with USB the problem would have been repeatable for files already on the controller. And would have shown on the display panel.

I agree i would have expected it to show on the control panel. basically got a tip from someone on another forum that they had experienced issues sending larger files to there laser via usb cable so had been doing it via usb stick. talked to an IT engineer i know and he say try going to the ethernet cable as it would be able to keep up with the data transfer on a modern pc compared to the older laser cut software. i didnt expect it to have caused those issues but it makes sense if it was missing lines in the code (if it runs like g code?) just glad it was a straight forward fix!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.