Program Ran for Full Time But Only Burned 49Percent

Im a First time User , i was burning 16by12 canvas . Program shows Preview of entire burn but when actually burning it runs for full time but only burns 49percent.

I’m not familiar with the FoxAlien engraver. This sounds like a communication drop. I’d like to confirm that it correctly engraved the first half of your job or art.

After that, we’ll need some more information to get going on troubleshooting.
When the FoxAlien engraver connects to LightBurn there will be a message generated on start up. This will tell us which controller/firmware version is being used. Please copy and paste that into a reply.

Sometimes an electric motor (fridge or deep freeze) or even a light switch can put a spike into the power supply of the engraver and cause communication to drop but we’ll stick to the software side for a few more tests.

ok i’ll look for that info. But why does program show a 4 hour burn program, then runs for 4hrs but only has half of project completed at that time?

The preview and the time estimate are driven by Simulation Settings. It’s easy to overlook populating that information in Additional Settings (Simulation Settings) in behind Device Settings. The fast way to ensure that the simulation is accurate is to click the ‘Read From Controller’ button in that menu.

I was out by a factor of 10 (or more) once on a piece of slate. I eventually gave up on it.

Thanks, I think that’s were I messed up. Its at 53 percent and timing is negative now. ill make sure i verify that setting is correct next time. hasn’t stop yet so it might of been a glitch the last time.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.