I have been if the process of rebuilding my laser and have switched control from LinuxCNC to a RDC6432G, but the transition has been far from smooth. it took alot of work just to be able to communicate with the laser because i am using a macbook and macs are very finicky with serial usb especially with CH340 type chips.
From what i understand, as soon as you power on the machine, it should seek home. this controller doesnt and nothing i do seems to change that. i have prowled over forums and google for the last two weeks trying everything including two factory resets. i have tried every combination of every setting there is, but to no avail.
here is the rundown of what i have and what is going on –
- when the machine is powered on, it briefly displays “resetting system” for about half a sec or so and then that is it. x y and u all show 10000 for position. machine jogs in all three axes with no problem
- when i do a axis reset, it goes through a homing sequence just fine, and then x y read 0 and u(z) reads 10000, but as soon as it is powered off, then see point 1
- when i home in software (ive used both lightburn and rdworks), it totally ignores the homing switches and crashes into hard limits
- in the diagnostics pane, all switches register as they should, (NO lever switches) off when open and on when triggered
- if i have it set to use a limit switch and home switch, when jogging all is normal, but when switch is triggered only one direction can be jogged (found this out hard way coming from cnc world where most limit switches are NC)
so far it seems that nothing i do can alter these and if i cant get the machine to home, i am just sitting on an expensive and time consuming paperweight.
i know this is a seriously stupid question, but i have to double check, when you do a factory reset it only resets the vender settings, not the actual firmware right? you never know. im pretty sure not because it is still branded cloudray after the reset, but i wanted just to make sure that it was just the settings that are reset and not the entire firmware reloaded.
are there other settings that you cant normally access through lightburn that get changed during a reset and if so, how do you access them?
anyway, thanks for reading this and i hope somebody has some input that will help me!