Recent Update 1.5.00

I just tried to update the latest release 1.5.00 (which I am very excied about) and it stalled and erroed out saying it needed ot close applications ( non were open), error code about ports and trial license expired and wouldn’t accept my license data. I’m paid and up to date with license so not sure what’s going on. I tried numerous times, rebooted and tried again. No joy. Fortunately I kept the older version link and re-downloaded it to get operating again.

This is likely related to “COM Surrogate” processes. Easiest fix is to reboot. Otherwise open task manager and close all COM Surrogate processes.

Hard to say without seeing the actual error. Can you take a screenshot of this?

If you go to Help->License Management it should tell you the number days of updates remaining in the license. What does this show for you?

Took the 1.5.0 update today and it threw an alert.

Review the threat and decide if it’s a problem for you.

Note that the remote host api.cryptlex.com is part of the service used to manage and validate licenses. It’s the same domain that you’re directed to if you push the license portal link.

I had to dowgrade back to the previous version as my camera would not update the overlay any longer, restored previous version and its fixed.

My license has 140 days left so that’s not an issue.
The Com Surrigate was the first error message then it reported that I was on a ‘trial’ version and the time limit had expired.

I’m currently back to the previous version. Fortunately I always keep the latest current link so if needed I can revert to that. Old habit from 3D slicer program.

After I finish th ework in queue I’ll try the Com port idea. Right now I’m nrevous about trying that after seeing so many people having issues.

@berainlb offered a good suggestion, what happens after you reboot?

If you visit the License Portal, you should be able to deactivate the computer having issues. You can then run LightBurn and Paste your key in the box provided on the ‘Help’ → ‘License Management’ page.

Solid plan. To assist, we too believe in having links to our previous versions(← click here).

Thank you all who offered advice. I finished my work in queue and after disabling the Com Surrigate I installed version 1.5.00 with out issues. Thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.