RESOLVED - Lightburn 0.9.22 - Shift box which is replaced by power and speed adjustment

Just wanted to add that I am not seeing either of these problems on my two GRBL systems. The move page only changes to the adjust page when I hit start, not when I use the jog buttons. (Although I don’t use keyboard arrows). And I can open any of my very old jobs (lbrn) with the last 9.22 version. So interesting to see what the difference is.

Cheers

David

I wrote that version 0.9.20 does not open the work done with version 0.9.22.
Quite the contrary.

Sorry misread your post.
I tend to update both my systems at the same time to avoid any issues.

I used to update them at the same time …
Now I will go back to the old version and will not update any more.
Too many problems.
And we might as well spend money on upgrades.

I usually download the update when prompted, but then monitor the forum for a couple of weeks before installing. Generally issues are found by either the testing team or braver souls and if all looks good for that time then I install. Generally the new features are worth the effort.

Cheers

David

…What do you mean by that?
:thinking:

I have fixed the issue with the move page being replaced, so it will now only happen when you are sending an actual file to the machine, never when just jogging or executing user commands. This will be in the update we are likely releasing later today, possibly tomorrow.

The LBRN2 file format is new. If you save your files in LBRN format from the new version, they will load on the older version of LightBurn.

it means that if I continue to have problems I will not renew the license.

Ok, I’m waiting for the new version.
But I didn’t understand the usefulness of having the speed and power card open every time after the play.
What should I do to save in lbrn?
So if I open the files already saved and rename them lbrn does it also work on the old version?

Yes - the LBRN2 format is much smaller, but stores contents differently, and is not understood by the older versions. If you simply choose the LBRN format in 0.9.22, it will save in the older format, and can be loaded by older versions.

The Move buttons cannot be used when a file is running, so switching to the power adjust buttons is not harmful in any way. Having them shown when you are just moving the laser around would be very annoying, so I have added checks to stop that behavior.

1 Like

Yes ok, but I can’t understand the sense of modifying the power or speed after starting the work … Is there anyone who goes to modify these after starting?

I think you are being a tad ungracious. Lightburn is an ever evolving program. The problems you have raised have been addressed by the team and are to be implemented in the next imminent update.
That’s what I call a great service.

I do appreciate however that everyone see’s things differently

1 Like

It was one of the most requested features from GCode system users - many of them want to start an image, then tune the settings on the fly instead of constantly having to retry.

Yep, I do. A great new feature for me

sorry, maybe my message was misunderstood.
I’m one of those who use lightburn and are recommending it to everyone, but if an ever desired new feature annoys me while I work, wasting my time, I can’t help but complain.
the new features should be implemented without bothering, if anything, helping me to do the job better.

ah ok. I got it

Okay then … I’m waiting for the new version.
For now, thanks to everyone.

Okay then … I’m waiting for the new version.
For now, thanks to everyone.

Just to offer another perspective, you do know this is exactly our intent, but it is software we are developing, and it is hard to do without a few hiccups every so often. This latest round of releases had some issues even after all the testing we run each release through prior to release.

Once an issue is identified, we work tirelessly to engage with the user / community to understand and resolve as quickly as possible. We tell you what we found, what the fix is and when it can be expected to be released. This is software, supporting many different laser systems, and like all software ever written, there will be issues.

Thank you for bringing to our attention and for having patience as we sort and resolve providing a timely solution. :slight_smile:

1 Like