Reverse offset issue

Tried my first etching and noticed that I had a double (ghost) image. Did some research and found out about reverse offset. I ran some tests at 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500 and accurately measured the errors, enabled scanning offset and entered them into the line offset column of the table. When I retested, there was no difference, even if I change the offsets. I’m running Beta 0.8.07 and have a Ruida controller.

LightBurn recently released version 0.9.02 so you are a few behind. :slight_smile: Suggest you update to latest, clear and re-set ‘Scanning Offset Adjustment’ as described and see if that gets you sorted.

Upgraded to 0.9.02, deleted all offsets and then re-added them. It made no difference. What I noticed is the graphic display on the Ruida screen actually shows that is etched - with the lines not aligned on the sides, whereas Lightburn shows a nice square.

Problem solved. Turns out all my numbers were wrong, which were actual measurements from a digital microscope. I, by chance, decided to randomly reduce the number by over half just to see what would happen, and saw an improvement. Trial and error allowed me to zero in on the best values. So I have my calibrations (at 100 and 300 mm/sec) and great etchings on glass, but not sure why they vary from the actual measurements. Another task for another day. Now, it’s getting the rotary hooked up so I can etch my custom beer logos onto my new beer glasses.

1 Like

How much difference was there from the measured amount?

I implemented it in LightBurn to behave as close to RDWorks as I could, so that users with existing table values could just transfer them over, but my own systems have never required this so I’m not able to compare the offsets with real-world results.

I also disable the offsets when you use the preview, assuming that most people are looking to see a “final image” and having the offsets included would make it difficult to produce a client preview, for example. It would be easy enough to make that optional.