Rotary axis not working properly

I have a Thunder laser and everything was running great with the rotary. I updated last week to the newest version and just tried the rotary and now it is way out of whack with regards to the amount of rotation. I inputted .45" and it shows accurate what the circumference should be but when I do a frame the left to right is accurate but the X is way to long/wide for the diameter input. I also still have the steps at 16000 where they were before. Any help is appreciated. Thunder Laser, Ruida and 2.5 years old.

Thunder Laser changed their controllers at some point to use the U axis instead of the Y axis for the rotary, and changed slightly the way the settings are applied. I changed the code to handle the new way, but didnā€™t make it so you could pick the old or new behavior, and it seems like I might have to. No good deed goes unpunished it seems.

Truly is great software and thanks for that. Is it possible to reinstall the previous version again that was working fine?

The trial version still had a few days on it but after working with this software I am so impressed I bought a licence :+1:

Still finding things that take seconds to do that took bloody ages in RD works!

Brilliant!

It think it should be ā€œThe Best software for laser cuttersā€, rather than ā€œbetter software for laser cuttersā€

Right Iā€™m of to cut stuff with my laserrrr :+1:

@NorthcoastTim - You can grab it from the version archive here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1j8Z0gfKS0ert7n0qnN05W5aimU6Fontm

1 Like

Thanks again. Seems to be working today at 16000 steps. Not sure what the gremlins did overnight but Iā€™m not mad at this at the moment. Iā€™ll see how the tumblers go today.

Thatā€™s very odd - Iā€™ve seen blips on Ruida even with the stock software, and itā€™s never clear to me if Iā€™ve just done something incorrectly as a user, or the hardware burped, or something else. Regardless, Iā€™m happy to hear youā€™re running again.

A post was split to a new topic: Rotary setup issue

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.