Rotary Setup Y Axis - Mini Gerbil

Hi,
Just built and added a rotary to my K40. Everything works well once I understood the settings.
It is attached to the Y axis via a rotary switch (switches between Y and rotary).
I actually run my K40 from CNCJS on a PI. I can see when the gcode is loaded that the Y axis is obviously scaled when created by lightburn. I believe this leads to an issue I am having with the rotary speed being too high as when running a test square in line mode, although it is the correct size it runs too quick on the rotary axis. I understand this may not be an issue with rastering.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Richard

This is just how it works when you don’t have a dedicated rotary axis. It will be fine when engraving. The only way to make it correct would be to adjust the steps per mm for the Y axis to give you proper output at 1:1 Y scale.

If you have a roller, you’d only need to do this for the diameter of the rollers. If you have a chuck, you’d need to do it for each object circumference you engrave.

You’d then have to revert back to the original settings to do flat work again.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.