Rotary will not stay connected? Keeps disconnecting every 5-10 minutes and crashing

Hello! Hoping I can get some insight here as iv’e been struggling with getting this to work.

I have a 4 wheel rotary that I got back in April.

I originally had it set up on my Mac back in April- however every 5-10 minutes Lightburn continued to disconnect me, the laser head would slam to the left or right and then lightburn would crash. Spent a few days trying to get it to work and ended up using a family member’s Window’s laptop which solved the issue.

I just tried to load my rotary last week and much to my surprise- same issue now on the Windows unit. The rotary sometimes connects and then not even 10 minutes later- the nozzle slams to the right or left and I have to turn my machine off. Sometimes when I try to enable the rotary it crashes Lightburn.

I tried using the most recent version and the older versions of Lightburn on both Mac and Windows- same issue. Had our network checked and everything else is fine. I have no issues with my normal laser jobs- something about the rotary being enabled is throwing it for a loop.

I am running Lightburn on my OMTech 60w machine. My Mac has Catalina and the Windows computer has Windows 10.

Does anyone have any advice on things I can try? Iv’e tried installing updates, restarting, etc- you name it. I cannot figure out how to get this rotary to stay connected. I also tried using it through USB on both my Mac and Windows unit which didn’t work; although I primarily use my laser through wifi/ ethernet- which again works fine for my normal standard jobs, but will not keep the rotary connected.

I’m open to any suggestions!

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.