RUIDA 6445G rotary axis with dedicated stepper not working

Hi Everyone, I am hoping to get some help. I basically spent all night today trying to make the rotary axis work with no success. I am on Ruida 6445G Controller, already updated FW on it to .30, no use, same bugs same problems.

Like a normal logical person I bought myself an additional dedicated driver for $20 to make it a U/A axis driver. Little did I know… lol.

Was anyone able to make U axis work with this controller? I am quite amazed that they managed to add all the hardware and a dedicated U axis port even, and it simply doesnt work. The U-axis option in lightburn is greyed out and I cant choose it, so it forces the “Y-axis disconnect” barbarian way, which I don’t want to do. This will be my plan Z only, if I fail in everything else.

Basically my .15 FW worked fine and I was able to control all axes simultaneously from the machine, expect one thing - once you send a job file, it would refuse to move the rotary axis completely. After updating to .30 FW now it is actually worse, it still refuses to move, but now added some more trouble as both axes now do not work simultaneously and you have to keep a lot of tasks in mind to not mess up the homing etc. The whole Ruida company IMHO is such a shame, it is unbelievable how little they do for their products because there is almost no competition. Sad to realize we are still stuck with 1970 controllers in 2024. Maybe DJI people will help haha.

Anyways, if anyone have heard of any working solution, please let me know. I would greatly appreciate any help!

Have you tried changing the rotary axis in RDWorks to U axis?

There is no such option, I looked for that for hours. Tried 4 different firmwares with a hope that this option would appear, but nope.

Are you using the latest available RDWorks?

Correct link I believe.

Thank you I ended up having that custom .22 version yesterday and it sort of works, very far from how it should work, but better than not working at all lol. Having super hard time calibrating the rotary as the firmware is still full of bugs and uncertanties… Having a new issue now is that lightburn totally refuses to start the job from PC, only works if I send a file to machine for some reason. Also during rotary calibration TEST button still moves Y axis instead of U/A making it super difficult to calibrate the axis. Also it would help if in the lightburn we could choose A axis, as it is available on this controller.

there is only one version on internet nowadays 8.01.54. Is that the latest?

There is at least 8.01.60 which I believe is required. Check on Ruida site.

RDWorksV8(8.01.60).rar
Download address: Download of Motion Control Software and V8 software-Ruida Technology

1 Like

Thanks a lot! You are the best! :green_heart: That page isn’t easy to find haha!!!

These chinese… lol… Trojan found in “RDWorksV8Uninstall.exe”. So I guess I will not uninstall, don’t want to be punished with identity theft lol. These people have time for this, but no time to improve their lousy boards apparently.

Installed and indeed, now I see the U axis there, which was pre-selected anyways (probably due to me using that custom .22 FW version from some guy who published it on another forum. Thanks again for all the help. The axis now works, and I will just play more with it and try to do the final calibration now!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.