Ruida 644X 100W machine engraving is "off"

Hi everyone,

Im having a little issue that I can’t seem to solve hopefully it gets resolved here:)

Issue:
Im engraving street addresses from left to right, the outer words are semi clear but good enough but the center text is blurry? I’ve tried multiple configurations with line offset and the other configuration that’s there (can’t remember the name) but nothing seems to get the settings across to the controller?

I have another machine same controller (about a year old already) and the setting changes are visible on my work piece.

Specs on the main machine with no issues: Ruida 644X 100W 25"x35" workspace. w/ 3 phase motors (came already with 3 phase motors)
Settings for engraving: 600 mm/s, line offset .0075 other thingy offset .0075
Engravings are crystal clear:)

Specs on 2nd machine with engraving issue:
Ruida 644X, 100W, 25"X35" workspace, 2 phase motors (didn’t notice it didn’t come with 3 phase motors like the first until I got home with it haha)

Engraving settings:
500 mm/s, 400mm/s,600mm/s, tried multiple line offset settings… nothing seems to change on the workspace?

I understand these 2 phase motors are a bit slower than the 3 phase that’s why im running between 400-600 max mm/s* the other 3 phase i’ve maxed it out just for kicks @ 900 mm/s with great results still but Im not keeping it that fast just so I don’t burn out the motors!

anyways here’s some examples of the engraving issue but I’m sure its a controller issue since not a single input seems to change on the workspace.

Example 1: outside of engraving left and right look nice.

Example 2: This is the middle of the workpiece and its just blurry:(

Any help on solving this issue is greatly appreciated!

By the way each address is spaced apart by 1" so this work piece is actually about 18" long* its just spaced apart. I just took 2 pictures of one end (left side) and a middle engraving for reference.

So its: address (space) address (space) address (space) address (Space) Address
Lets say the start and end are good middle area is blurry.

Using Lightburn Version 1.00 btw.

Hello Abraham,

Try to see if the results are better with bidirectional fill set to OFF

If that is the case you can adjust more settings in the offset adjustments.

Scanning Offset Adjustment help - #5 by CNC might be off help

1 Like

I’ll give that a try. I saw that but didn’t actually move it since the other machine that works fine is checked.

plus it adds time if its off* basing this from the preview estimated time.

I’ll circle back with results tomorrow. currently 1am.

Found my issue… apparently the focus lens was not “fully centered” inside the holder. I removed it to clean it and I might’ve not centered it not sure or it came not centered from factory. I don’t remember tbh.

But small issue the line shift and offset setting don’t seem to go to the laser:/ but as of right now the engravings are ok for me at the moment I’ll have to look into this more in depth. To be continued…

I turned it off and gave me crispy engravings. Problem is that it doubles my engraving time and speed is key here with what I am doing.

The other machine has this bi-directional on and has perfect engravings*

I know that it doubles your engraving times.
We are trying to find the problem.

Good luck with the lens.

1 Like

Ooohhhhhhhhhh you’re right.

Yeah lens didn’t even work after all. possibly a software issue I suspect.

Idiot of the month WINNER??? ME! I had the offset setting off… lol issue fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.