Ruida configuring homing direction

I’m converting a machine from another controller and having trouble with the homing. I’m working from the Ruida panel and keypad itself, it’s not through LB’s interface yet.
The homing switches are top and left. The Ruida RDC6445G keeps jogging to the right looking for the sensor, and I need it to go left.

I have Origin set at top left. The left/right jog arrows jog in the correct direction. I see “dir polarity” and “keying direction”. I believe “dir polarity” is the controller’s whole understanding of what “move right” means, for manual jog, homing, or running mode. Then “keying direction” should control it, but it doesn’t seem to. I save it in either pos or neg and it always tries to home going right until it crashes the axis on a stop.

So, how, exactly does Ruida decide in which direction to search for home?

What am I missing? I spent way too long poking around on this, surely I’m missing something obvious

The direction polarity is your target here. Direction polarity is set specifically for axis homing direction. To have the Top / Left as your homing position, you will need to set the X axis direction polarity as Positive and the Y axis polarity as Negative (while top right homing would be X neg / Y neg).

Once you do this, if the keying direction becomes inverted for a specific axis, then you adjust the keying direction to the opposite.

Also make sure you set limit polarity specific to the type of limit switches you have installed and how you have them wired to the controller.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.