Ruida controller not picked up

Good day, I recently got a K40 laser machine but Lightburn does not recognize the Ruida controller
“Find my laser” does not indicate the ruida controller to select

I see you posted Ruida and K40, and your profile shows an Uno running GRBL, so this is a bit unclear what you are working with.

If you are wanting LightBurn to communicate with a Ruida controller over USB, you will need the FTDI driver found at the end of the LightBurn installation, or it gets installed when you use RDWorks, the software that comes with the Ruida.

Hi Rick, thank you, only received my K40 today

Rick, yes it currently works with RDWorks

What message did you get when trying the ‘Find my Laser’? Which version, and using a Trial or Licensed version? Which exact model is this Ruida controller? You can usually find a silver sticker on the side of the control board inside.

If you have the DSP version, you should be able to add this device Manually, following this procedure: Manual Creation - LightBurn Software Documentation

Let us know how you get on and we can go from there. :slight_smile:

Good day Rick, the model is RDC6442S-B(EC)
I have a licensed version, but needs to renew for any further updates. Version 0.9.24
Lightburn picked it up but now indicates

not on the list if I try to add manually

Can I just upgrade my license to DSP?

Yes, the message is telling you that we found your laser with a Ruida control system, but you do not have the license required to support these systems. You will need the DSP version. Using your existing key, here is the link to pay the difference.

Update: We have adjusted this messaging and now provide a button to automate this process a bit more. The target for this new enhancement is our next release, due soon-ish. :slight_smile:

Thank you, help/advice appreciated

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.