Ruida controller - resuming after power outage

I’m not sure if this is a Lightburn question or not. I have two 100w lasers - supposedly the same. Both have Ruida 6445 controllers. Yesterday the power went out. One prompted me to restart from where it stopped before the outage. The other did not. Is there a setting I can change in Lightburn to fix this?

The operation is automatic on power restoration and has nothing to do with Lightburn… Mine will also ask to resume if there is a power failure…

I’ve looked in the machine settings and I don’t see anywhere to change this operationally.

It’s always possible that RDWorks has some scheme to do this… I’ve seen a couple of items that don’t seem to be in Lightburn…

Maybe one of the others can point you in the right direction @JohnJohn …?

Good luck

:smile_cat:

I managed to find and download a Ruida manual for this controller, and there are settings within Ruida, but they do not show on this particular machine. However, on the Ruida facebook page, someone was able to suggest it might be because ai have disabled the y-axis homing as I am using a rotary on that laser. It is somewhere for me to look.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

That sounds interesting, but it has to remember where it was, rotary or not…

I’ve had a power fail and it reset and asked if it wanted to continue the job…

My only thoughts are that it might be something through the machines console. You can only change the IP via the console … maybe this option is there… Haven’t had a moment to go check mine…

:smile_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.