Run Passes Sequentially

Hi,

When I specify multiple passes, the software often goes around small holes or other details multiple times in quick succession, which I think is causing extra melting.
Is there any way to force the software to just do the same cutting path 10 times?

Alex

The official answer is here:

But ways exist to set up your design and the optimization settings to achieve your goal. Here is an example:

I have these eight objects that I would like to engrave within each one and then cut them in two serial passes:

Two ways I could approach this are:

• Select the Group of objects on the line layer
  • Ctrl D to duplicate them
  • Assign them to a new layer
  • Copy the parameters of layer 09 in this example to the new layer
  • Set Optimization setting to order by layer and have the layers in the proper order (Engrave, Line Layer, Duplicate Line Layer):

You can quickly copy all of the parameters of a layer to another layer by selecting the master layer to replicate, click the button to copy the settings into cache, select the target layer, click the button to apply the cached settings:

I could also do this little trick:

Have just your two layers of the design and use Cut Selected Graphics. Then Select all, run the job. After the first run, only select the object on the line layer and run the job.

The caveat to this is understanding Start From and Job Origin. I personally use Start From Current Position for almost everything, so in a case like this I would draw a non-output frame around the project and always have that in my selection to retain object alignment relative to the layers being run.

If you use Absolute coordinates, you would not need the non-output frame.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.