"Running this frame might exceed the bounds of your machine" error when testing the Rotary settings

I never reboot mine… I just plug the rotary into the Y axes, enable the rotary and use it…

It’s recommended in the Lightburn setup to power cycle the Ruida, but I found it worked just fine without the power cycle.

I have a 6442G

:smile_cat:

Hmm, Ive always heard restart Ruida after settings written. Might depend on firmware ver.

Also heard u should not mess with cable while on.

I started messing with these back in the 70’s, in manufacturing and that was pretty much the only way. Most of it was custom built equipment and they used servos with some pretty high voltages…

I don’t advocate it, but I do it and have done it since I got the rotary and found it worked just as well without the power cycle. So I started ‘hot swapping’ the cables…

It’s probably more risky with power on, but most of these motor drivers are pretty tough today. Look how some of these people abuse them… wired up wrong, bad setup, flipped voltages, incompatible motors… amazing…

The Ruida gets it’s share of abuse as does all the controllers we see people with. I’ve run my Ruida for over a year, I guess. Had air assist on it virtually all of that time, never put reverse blocking diodes in. Should have… Easy to do, just put them on the plug to the controller, nice screw clamp to hold 'em.

Also keep in mind when most things fail, when you power it up…

Most difficult thing to change, my habits…

:smile_cat:

Thanks all. I’ll look at the suggested sequences above and test what works best for my setup.

Cheers.

So so true, especially fans. The dust lands on the hot fan blades, builds up, then hits the shroud and stops spinning.

Makes me also think of Slick50 or Royal Purple for an engine. hehe

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.