Same Settings Producing Different Results: Draw 2mA in Fill Mode, Drawing 10mA in Line Mode

Mark,

Looking at your layer settings above and the resulting cuts I noticed that the boxes are set to Line mode which will either score or cut depending on the power and speed.

I’m not sure if that’s intentional or not.

If you want it to fill instead, you need to set the layers for the boxes to Fill or Fill | Line mode.

Hi Gregg & Helena,

Yes, I was running a “Line Mode” test. It appeared to engrave ok, but it would burn through in line mode. If you look closely at the photos you can see the corners burnt through at 250mm/s, but notice the super low low power setting of 0.01%. The laser should not even fire below about 9%.

I started this post while looking for other people that had similiar problems. I found a couple, but they never posted if they got the problem fixed, or what the fix was. I came across the below post and found 2-3 other people with the same problem and stuck with it until we all figured out what was wrong and confirmed faulty PSU. One person appears to have had the micro switch on the PSU in the wrong location.

Here is the post that I migrated to until the final fix was found:

Power Settings Won’t Adjust - Hardware / Ruida controllers - LightBurn Software Forum

Thank you for the post!
Mark C.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.