I’m making a couple of hardwood boxes to house some new amplifiers I’ve made and part of the work is to use the laser to route out some rabbets to hold the sliding base, front and back panels.
I drew I up and ran the job, but wasn’t happy with the finish I got from the frenzied left-to-right scanning of the vertical rabbets.
So I decided to break them up and run the verticals at a 90deg scan angle - so the Y-axis is moving front to back.
The job came out better, there was a lot less smoke, the quality of the bottom of the cut was more consistent - and, it saved a bunch of time. On a 1.50 job, it saved 30 seconds, bringing it in under 1:20.