Scanning is skewed but cuts are fine

I am hoping someone can help me with an issue I am having with a new Ruida rdc6445g controller that I put into an old Summit laser cutter. The machine is using gecko g320x drives with servos and 512 line encoders.

The cutting is working fine but it’s like it looses steps during the scanning process.

I tried changing the PWM rising edge which appears to have doubled the error.

The left is a test before changing the PWM setting and the right is after

If changing the PWM rising edge is making it worse, it’s possible that the servo drives aren’t working properly, or need tuning. I haven’t worked with gecko servo drives, so I can’t say that with any certainty. My first thought was the PWM rising issue as well, until I saw you mention it got worse.

@Dmonroe, some shots in the dark here:

Since this is a transplant Ruida controller in the machine, verify the Manufacturer Settings for Machine Configuration: Machine Type and Machine Configuration: Drive Mode (or Transmission Mode) on the controller. Recommendations: Machine Type = Normal ; Drive Mode / Transmission Mode = Belt + Step.

If you’re in need of a rising edge pulse signal, for the X axis configuration, double check the settings for PWM Rising Edge V (Yes or No). By default on the Ruida controller, the Pulse Signal is Falling Edge (No).

Also, from the Ruida manual (so prepare yourself here for it to sound slightly unclear):

I hope there’s something that helps here.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.