Sculpfun s9 negative workspace

Ive been fighting with the negative workspace after adding limit switches. I can find the negative, enter the offset(398or so). But then the workspace is only 120 x120 or so after homing.

Read through this Topic addressing another user’s post limit switch installation troubleshooting:

If you put the cross hair on the bed in the software, i can use the bottom left corner and thats it. Any other coordinates and it heads back right and stops. Im left with the 120x120. Ordered a camera, my hope is that it will solve the issue without actually solving it.

Im honestly considering just eliminating the switches at this point. Pretty sure its in the firmware.

How do you see the camera playing into this?

Did you read through the post I linked? The other user has the same laser. There are issues with the firmware that make it inconvenient but can be made to work.

Can you run this in console after running a homing operation?

$$
$#
?

I did, no help. It homes but the bed size is still 125x125, software says 400x410. At zero it reads and keeps 0. Just doesnt know the bed size. Ive contacted sculpfun but no response yet.

How are you determining that the bed size is 125x125? Are you starting from 0,0 and jogging until you get to 125,125? If so, what happens when you attempt to go past that?

If you run those commands listed I can help you troubleshoot this.

Ill post the code when i get home.
Yes, set zero at home position,bottom left. Jog to back right, 125x125. Light burn messurment display stops at 125 and goes to -20.

You’re manually setting zero? How are you doing this?

And the laser head is actually all the way back-right when it’s showing 125x125? That’s interesting. Have you tried a burn like this? Do shapes burn to scale or are they elongated?

This is definitely odd.

Let’s review when you can get the output from the controller.

Manually setting zero, $10=0, in absolute and origin bottom left. Furthest travel line is upper right like the pic,125x125. It burns, no issues, as long as i zoom in and just use 125x 125 as workspace. If i set the table to 125 x 125, i have less space…lol. its ruler is reading something, what i have no idea.

I was hoping a camera from lightburn would force it somehow. Wanted it either way. I have a feeling it will act the same way tbough.

At this point ive contacted the seller for a fix/replacement.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.