Second software license on same computer

I have Lightburn installed on my MacBook Pro for my diode laser. I have now purchased a Thunder CO2 laser that includes a software key that includes DSP, so I need that version of the software for the CO2. Can I install a second version of the software using the new key, or do I need to remove the first one (that only has GCode) so I can use the new version for both lasers? @Robscat I saw your post with same question - did you ever get an answer to this question?

I have installed the dsp version which also handles my diode laser, I choose respectively the machine profile I currently want to work with.
(the reverse will not work)

Did you purchase an entirely new key or upgrade the existing key that you had? You needn’t purchase two separate keys.

As @bernd.dk has indicated you can use an existing installation for any number of devices as long as you are licensed for those types of machines.

If you did purchase a separate key entirely instead of an upgrade you may want to reach out to support@lightburnsoftware.com explaining your circumstances and they can help you get that sorted.

I received a new key as part of the purchase of my new Thunder CO2 laser. That is why I want to use that one. It includes both GCode and DSP.

Ah… so it came with the purchase? You should be able to deactivate your current key and enter the new key. Then both DSP and gcode should be available to you.

Help->License Management

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I just need to figure out whether I should remove the first version (Code only) before installing the new version (GCode and DSP) that I got as part of my purchase of the Thunder CO2 laser.

“””If you purchased your key from LightBurn directly, you will have access to this portal. If you purchased from a 3rd party vendor, we would need to assign your license key to your email address for you to use this. Contact us via 5email - support@lightburnsoftware.com with your full name and license key to have us do this.“””

…from documentation, hope you’ll be up and running soon

It would be best for you as @berainlb has said to deactivate your license (Help>License Management), and then simply reactivate LightBurn using the new key.

No uninstalling or reinstalling of LightBurn is necessary.

1 Like

@NicholasL Thank you. I will do that. I will wait until the new machine arrives. Once I do that, will I lose existing settings that I have in Lightburn now for my diode and have to set that up again?

You will not lose your existing diode settings.

It is a good idea also to email support@lightburnsoftware.com, paste in your new license key, and ask for it to be linked to your email address, making you the owner of that key so we can help you recover the key later if you lose it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.