Select starting point not working with imported DXF

I imported a DXF and autojoined the line to create paths. The program runs all of my fill and cut areas great, but the starting point for the cuts is in a terrible location that leaves an obvious tick mark in the material.

When I try to use the “select starting point” tool, the profile highlights (single profile not a group) but no nodes are showing to select as new starting points. When I use the same command on a Lightburn drawn profile, every node pops up and i can easily select a new one, but not on this imported file.

Is there some reason this imported DXF wont bring up nodes for selecting a starting point? They pop up in the node editor if i want to drag them around, just not on starting point.

If willing, please post a picture of what a selected shape from a DXF looks like in these different states, to help with clarity.

Would also be helpful to post the DXF and LightBurn file for our review. :slight_smile:

They are definitely closed. If i change the path to fill it engraves the whole shape. See pictures and file.

R7 - Test.lbrn (15.9 KB)

And the DXF file used? Thank you. :wink:

Its not allowing me to post .dxf. .lbrn and .jpg I can select but the upload option won’t allow me to select my dxf.

Can i email it to you?

Sure, or just append “.txt” to the file. That should work. If you email, please include a link to this post for context.

R7 11rd - Left Logo.DXF.txt (96.8 KB)

Not sure this worked but you can try. Whats your email and ill send it if it doesn’t work.

That worked! Thank you so much! i have never used that command.

For my own lightburn education, how can the shape be open, but the fill command still be working correctly?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.