Send to Laser Shortcut No Longer Working (1.3.0)

The send to laser shortcut (Alt+Shift+S) is no longer working after I updated to 1.3.0. I’ve tried remapping to another key combo with the same result, and I can send data to the laser by clicking the send button. I’m running Win 10 Pro to an OMT 100w laser.

I am also experiencing this issue, in Lightburn 1.3.01 running on macOS 12.5.

When I press ALT+SHIFT+S, I sometimes need to press it twice, and then I see the Send button gets focus (the light blue outline). I can then press Space to ‘press’ the button, but this is quite frustrating nonetheless.

Do you use a checklist or have any other pop-ups when clicking Send in LightBurn?

@LightBurn No, nothing pops up.

It might be easier to see what is happening, so I’ve done a quick screen capture: Lightburn Send to Laser hotkey bug - YouTube - Sorry for the jankieness at the end trying to find the hotkeys menu :slight_smile:

That just says the transfer failed. The hotkey itself is obviously working, or you wouldn’t get a failed transfer message.

The original poster is saying that their hotkey isn’t working - your issue is that the send itself is failing, so these are different problems.

@LightBurn the failed to transfer is a red herring - it didn’t send because the laser was currently in use, however the issue with the shortcut still exists.

If you watch the video between 0:01 and 0:05 you will see (with the keypresses shown in the bottom left) that the shortcut needs to be pressed twice, and then the Send button receives focus (which you can see with the blue focus ring), and then I have to press Space to ‘click’ it.

Previously I would only have to press the shortcut (option+shift+s) once and it would attempt to send (i.e. pop up the input box for the name) straight away.

Same issue here (or similar) on 1.3.01. Shift+Send used to work fine, overwriting the laser’s current file with the new one I’m sending. Unfortunately, it no longer works. Shift+Send now just starts cutting the file on the laser without adding the new file to the laser first. Just hitting Send and going to laser to pull up the file still works, but Shift-Send doesn’t.

It would be great to get an update on this - even if you can confirm the issues we are seeing? I am happy to jump on zoom or similar to demonstrate if need be, so you can see it in actual use…

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

@rick and I are digging into it. I have replicated the Alt-Shift-S for Send (Not sending) behavior on my Win 10 device.

Will come back to this when we know more.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming - I’m glad you have been able to confirm and its not one of those annoying ‘it works on my machine’ kind of bugs :smiley:

Same issue here on Mac M1

Are we any further ahead with a fix on this? I want to set this shortcut up on a Loupdeck but until its fixed I cant.

Thanks

I think I’ve found / fixed this. Prior to adding the hotkey editor, the Send button itself had a shortcut assigned to it.

When I added the hotkey editor, I added a new global action for sending the file and set Alt+Shift+S as the default for it, but forgot to remove the one on the button, so they were conflicting with each other.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update :slight_smile: I was thinking it was something subtle like that (I’m a software engineer by trade myself) - but I know these kind of bugs are a pain in the arse to try and track down, especially when you are working across multiple platforms.

Looking forward to the next release, so that I can unlearn the new key-press routine :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.