Series of 0.01mm movements locks up controller. how to set miniimum path length?

My laser is stopping after five g1x-0.01 in a row. I’m thinking the small deviation is causing this is there a way to tell lightburn a minimum size path?

There isn’t, no, but there’s also no reason why your laser would halt because of that. LightBurn internally won’t send anything smaller than 100ths of a mm in GCode. What firmware in on your controller?

I took the gcode file and removed a series of nine instructions:
G1X-0.01
G1X-0.01
G1X-0.01
G1X-0.01
G1X-0.01
G1X-0.02
G1X-0.04
G1X-0.04
G1X-0.04
and replaced them with G1X-0.19 and the code ran fine. I’m running a chineese version of grbl1.0b
the code halted about 2 dozen lines after the above instructions at the same place 7 or 8 times.
the happened after the same lines in two different places/files when the svg files was compiled a second time differently
the controller I’m using is a real cheap chineese knockoff. It came with a laser from universal engravers.
I have ordered a different controller which hopefully wont have this problem. In the meantime I can use a different program to compile the gcode and then run the gcode directly in lightburn.
I’m thinking that a path optimizer could check subsequent instructions for being in the same direction and combining them that would make the code smaller.
I don’t know why the gcode compiler is putting 9 different instructions in the same direction in a row instead of combining them. I’m wondering if the font I’m using in the svg file has some flaws.
if you want to check out the svg file I can send it to you.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.