Setting up limit switches in Lightburn

Hello I am currently trying to setup limit switches in lightburn on my eleksmaker a3 pro machine. I am currently running grbl 1.1g. I am trying to use the common grbl setup, when I hit the home button my machine go’s to the front left and finds the limit switches. When I then put in G0 X0 Y0 it then hits the limit switches and triggers them to where I have to reset. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I am missing something obviously while trying this.

Chris

This might be a good starting point.

Thank you for the link Rick. So I just checked and my $5=0 and $21=1. I messed around with $23 and 0 is what I originally had and that seems to be the correct moving direction. I guess I am just confused by the terms Home and origin when it comes to using switches/positions on the laser.

Take a look at this if you haven’t already. https://lightburnsoftware.github.io/NewDocs/CoordinatesOrigin.html

Then we can go from there.

Ok thank you I will start going thru that page next.

Ok so at the moment I have start from as absolute coordinates and in the bottom left of my grid on screen is the red and green squares. When I have the laser at home and put a square in the bottom left corner and hit trace it go’s to the opposite corner of the machine to do the trace. This seems backwards correct? Plus this is a different question but is there a way to measure my overall work size since adding limit switches?

1. This sounds like your machine origin is in the wrong position. Your work could be mirrored as well.
    I always set my machine origin to the same corner where the homing is.

2. Yes, you can measure the real reachable bed size. But you need to increase the max travelling distance for the axes first to be able to move further ($130 and $131). Than of course you can try to travel beyound you original limits. Don’t forget to set $130 and $131 to the max. values you found afterwards. And adjust the bed size in Lightburn accordingly.

Hi Roy, I am not at my machine at the moment but I will double check my machines home and origin. I am trying to get this figured out cause I would like to add a camera to my machine.

The reason I was asking about bed size is since I added limit switches to my eleksmaker the travel distance in the X and Y are slightly smaller and just wanted a more exact number.

So I had a little time to mess with my machine today and thought I would show it to make things easier I hope. At the moment when I hit the home button it go’s to the right and back where it hits the limit switches I have setup and seems alright. For my machine it was recommended that the origin be front left. I would prefer not to have my machine rotated 180 and would like the origin and home to be the same.

Plus when I have the limit switches hooked up I am getting alarm 1 message when I move the laser around but the switches aren’t being hit.

To change the Origin in Lightburn to back right, open Edit/Device Settings and change it to upper right.

Alarm1 means that end switch is still activated. What value do you have at $27 (Homing pull off in mm)?
If it is 1, it is most probably too short. Increase the value to 1.5 or 2mm

I changed the origin to back upper/back right but when I just did a test burn it came out upside down now I figure this happened cause of me changing the origin. I guess I am just being a little difficult with how I want my origin/home to be in the back right but have me look at the machine and if I engrave something I want the bottom of it to be on the bottom of my machine. Can I flip this easily?

I checked $27 and the value I currently have is 2.0. Should I change it to 1.5? and could they be tripping from an imaginary boundary that I am not seeing in the software settings?

Thank you for the help again Roy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.