Setting wood thickness /laser height on Gweike Cloud

Hi All, just can’t seem to find an answer anywhere re setting laser height using Lightburn on Gweike Cloud with 30 mm wood. I want to engrave a pattern on a 30 mm high box but not sure how to set this up. I understand taking the thickness of wood from 17mm on Gweike (easy for 3 mm ply) but what should it be set at for 30 mm - should I put a minus size - or do I need to manually lower the bed ?? Any help greatly appreciated.

Hello Paul,
With the honeycomb tray the Gweike is able to lower 17mm, that will be 0 mm of material thickness. So the up position of Gweike is 0, which is the focus of 17mm material thickness.
If you want to engrave something thicker than 17mm you will need to at least remove the honeycomb (and maybe also the metal plate) and measure the distance to the laser. Measuring distance is instructed by this video from Gweike: Gweike Cloud PRO rotary tutorial with gweikecloud Online Software - YouTube (from 1:35 they are talking about the hight measurement).
But you can also do some math yourself and measure the distance from the top of the honeycomb tray (which is 17 in Gweike language).
Hope you can figure it out with this information. Otherwise I would suggest trial and error.

Thanks Robertjan. i think I’ll remove the honeycomb tray and do the math and give it a test go… - that all makes sense. Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.