Should I Downgrade to Version v9.10 due to these wonky issues

Hello I just went to windows from a mac and had to download v9.14 but the new functions with Tool Bar ICON size is not the best and needs to be reworked. First of all why does this change the windows on the right hand of the screen where the menus appear for LASER, CUTS, CONSOLE, and so on… which now take half of my screen leaving so much less to my work area? These menus cannot be shrunk back or moved back to the normal size without using the Tool Bar ICON SIZE option but even then you cannot make it small enough… Yes you can close these menus and open them when needed, but we should not have too. I am asking to download v9.10 until this is fixed.

Changing the tool bar icon size changes views/area’s that it should not change and for some tool bars like NUMERIC EDITS and TEXT EDITS nothing.

Dean Bailey

Wow, uh…welcome and thanks for joining today.

While I understand you are not happy, yelling at us is not the best way to get our attention. Please don’t do that. Telling us to roll-back, yelling at us,…not the best way to start a conversation or get what you want.

The LightBurn UI is dynamic and adjusts based on a variety of factors, which we are willing to explain in detail when asked. The window sizes adjust to accommodate the items one wants to be displayed given the screen real estate. We allow these windows to be arranged to best match your chosen workflow.

If you want to downgrade your installation back to a version that does not have this feature, you can always do that. Searching this forum you will find a post about our version archive here: How do I find older versions of LightBurn?

~~We added this option with the release of 0.09.05 so versions before that won’t allow you to adjust these icon sizes as described in the announcement: https://lightburnsoftware.com/blogs/news/lightburn-0-9-05-variable-text-image-enhancement-coreldraw-macro-and-much-more~~

- Adjusting color palette icon size with other tool button sizing from the Settings window

EDIT: I was incorrect, we added this option with the release of 0.09.00 so versions before that won’t allow you to adjust these icon sizes as described in the announcement: LightBurn 0.9.00 - Simulation preview, Trocen USB support, Beginner Mo – LightBurn Software

• Added slider to change tool button size in the settings, for high DPI displays
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.