Shrinking file from light burn to laser

For some reason my files are all of a sudden shrinking. The size in lightburn is not what it is being cut as. The same files I have cut a bunch of times. Any idea why this could be happening?

for example. I cut an L last time and it was right. I cut the same L today. It was supposed to be .62 wide by 2.17 High and it is 2 high by .5 wide in inches. Please help!

----I just did another test with a square. It was supposed to be 2x1 and it was 1 7/8 by 7/8. :frowning:

I create my file on the computer and then save on flash dish and insert into laser if that helps
ruida controller black and red 80watt laser.

It sounds like a calibration issue, but I’m not sure what would have changed that if you didn’t do a recalibration yourself. Has your laser been moved since the last time you ran it? Any loose belts? Any physical crashes recently? Does your machine re zero/home each time its powered up?

Thank you. Yes it will zero. no crashes. belts seem good. my laser has not been moved.

Do you have “Print & Cut” mode active by chance?

So I figured it out after many hours. I had enabled my rotary after I disabled it it went back to normal. That was the first time I had ever used the rotary. Thank you for your help everyone.

That’s odd - The rotary setting should only affect the Y axis scaling. Since you were off on both, it didn’t occur to me that could be the cause.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.