Shuogou Laser Engraver

the wiring for the 12V , grd and PWM is the same as the original but I can try to determine if that is wrong for some reason .

Interesting. But you’re saying the laser won’t fire using the fire button?

Test voltage between PWM and GND pins at various power levels (0%, 50%, 100%). It should read roughly 0, 2.5, and 5V respectively.

ok some progress , got laser to come on when power up , so how do you turn laser on with light burn ? but i really didn’t change anything just check wire for connections ?? still no axis movement .

Can you elaborate what you mean by all this?

So you’re saying you did not change anything but now it’s coming on?

And are you saying that the laser is turning on when you turn on the machine? That doesn’t sound good.

Use “Fire” button in Move window to test the on/off of the laser. Make sure the Fire button is enabled in Edit->Device Settings.

So you’re saying you did not change anything but now it’s coming on? Yes

And are you saying that the laser is turning on when you turn on the machine? That doesn’t sound good. Yes , double checked wiring order , I can unplug laser at laser control it stays off , fan works and laser comes on when you switch power on . + grd and pwm are in order from laser board to control board ( best I can determine ) ANNOY board has several power input connection available . but only one + grd pwm

Use “Fire” button in Move window to test the on/off of the laser. Make sure the Fire button is enabled in Edit->Device Settings. where exactly is the fire button don’t see it in the “Move window”

This should be prominent and obvious. However, the button will not appear unless you’ve enabled it in Device Settings. Did you do that?

This is not expected or desirable. Likely something going on here.

What ANNOY controller do you have?
Do you have access to a meter that you can test with?

ANNOY TOOLS GRBL1.1 Controller CNC3018 3AXIS Driver Board Support Offline XYZ Limit Switch for CNC Router CNC Engraving Machine

I had laser fire disabled , got that fixed

But laser still comes on when I power up and still no axis movement yet

Are you able to turn the laser off with the Fire button? Does changing power % in Fire button change the intensity of the light?

You’re going to need to confirm the stepper pins and make sure they’re connected properly. Did you ever identify the coil pairs on the motors?

Are you able to take a picture of your controller with pin identifiers showing for laser and stepper motors?

[quote=“berainlb, post:68, topic:68717”]
Are you able to turn the laser off with the Fire button? Does changing power % in Fire button change the intensity of the light? No

You’re going to need to confirm the stepper pins and make sure they’re connected properly. Did you ever identify the coil pairs on the motors? yes , green -black a pair and yellow -red a pair

Are you able to take a picture of your controller with pin identifiers showing for laser and stepper motors?
I got the laser not to come on ( during power up ) by shifting the laser to yellow and red to 12V on one socket and grd to another socket , verus the socket

that had 12v , grd , pwm

You have laser hooked up to non-TTL so you wouldn’t be able to modulate power.

Check out these 2 options and wire them that way. Did you try Option 1 earlier?

As for the stepper. What happens when you try to use the jog controls to move left/right. I suggest you ignore Y-axis for the time being? Can you hear the steppers engaged either at power-on or when you try to jog?

If you get anything in Console during jogging upload here.

Try entering this into Console:

G0 X10

[quote=“berainlb, post:70, topic:68717”]
Check out these 2 options and wire them that way. Did you try Option 1 earlier? Yes , just wired per option 2 laser came on during power again

As for the stepper. What happens when you try to use the jog controls to move left/right. I suggest you ignore Y-axis for the time being? Can you hear the steppers engaged either at power-on or when you try to jog? nothing

If you get anything in Console during jogging upload here. nothing

Are you able to modulate power when configured this way?

Do you have access to a meter to test voltages?

[quote=“berainlb, post:72, topic:68717”]

Are you able to modulate power when configured this way? fire button % does not affect laser which is on at power up .

Do you have access to a meter to test voltages? yes

Disconnect laser module and test PWM to GND voltage at 0, 50, 100% power settings. Fire button only goes to 20% so you’ll have to do it by hand.

This will turn laser on for 10 (P10) seconds at 0% (S0)

G1 G4 P10 M3 S0

50%:

G1 G4 P10 M3 S500

100%:

G1 G4 P10 M3 S1000

Track the voltages. They should be nominal 0, 2.5, 5V respectively.

So laser unplugged at laser module , checking voltage across PWM lead /pin and GND / pin on controller board , voltage is about 4.98 at beginning , powered off and powered on and same at each test line of code .

ok so whole different problem , I guess these simple cheap boards are problematic ?? I bought another board 2 axis GBRL from another vendor plugged it in using LightBurn software too, laser doesn’t fire but drives move ( but both at same time ?? ) so I guess the problem was the Annoy Tool board is there a better quality board out there ???

Are you getting 4.98V just at power on? Does that mean the laser is running at full power when you have it plugged in and just power on?

Clearly something not quite working with power modulation.

I’ve seen others with Annoy Tool boards that have worked fine so don’t think it’s necessarily all boards being bad. Not sure what’s going on in that case.

Can you run the same voltage test on PWN?

What’s the problem with both moving at the same time? Or are you saying you’re only commanding one but both move?

What board is this?

went back to CAmX tool controller ( only one y axis input , used bread board to split signal ) went back to LaserGRBL freeware , works great …drives not the problem , very odd went thru three boards and couldn’t use LightBurn at all with any board !!!

Which three? The only potential hurdle with LightBurn could be in first connecting. Once connected, all programs should potentially have the same ability to send commands to the controller. Most connectivity issues can be resolved through various combinations of DTR signal and baud rate in Device Settings.

Hello all! I have the same poor machine with the same problems and to continue to use Acan Laser Engraving software i am running Windows 7 in a visrtual machine.
But… I have discovered that the baud rate for the communication is 38400 and the machine (as is - with it’s own original controller) works sending serial packets of 11 bytes lenght.
With lot of tests I have found the main specific values for that protocol usage.
There is some possibility to “extend” LightBurn with a specific “addin” which implement this protocol?

Thanks
Francesco