Snapmaker 2.0 connection problem

Hi everybody!

I’m new to the laser cutting world. I recently received a Snapmaker 2.0 and I am not satisfied with the software they give with the machine. Instead I really like Lightburn.

I am trying to connect it to the Snapmaker but without succeeding: the software does not see the machine.

I’ve seen that other users have been succesful. Is there someone that could support me explaining how to proceed?

Thanks in advance.

What steps have you taken to determine this? Please provide details. OS version you run and what version of LightBurn? Did you try ‘Find my Laser’ or try to define a ‘Device Profile’ manually?

Thanks for your reply.

My OS is Windows 10 and Lightburn v0.9.16. Snapmaker firmware v1.10

First tried the USB serial connection with Snapmaker native software (Luban v3.8) and the machine was recognized on COM9.

Closed Luban and started Lightburn. In the device menu I tried “Find My Laser” but nothing came out from the discovery wizard.

So I manually created a profile selecting Snapmaker from the lasers list.
In the laser window I selected port COM9 (the same of Luban) and the profile I created. There’s a green bar at 100% that says busy.

In the console window I have the following messages:
Waiting for connection…
Waiting for connection…
Port opened, waiting for response.
Starting stream
Stream completed in 9:17

I tried different movements without any effect.
I hope this is enough clear to explain the problem. I’m at your disposal for further tests.

Thanks for your support.

@Rick do you have any advice for me?

We don’t have any Snapmaker devices here - the profile for it was added with the help of another forum member. It’s possible that you need to change the baud rate in Edit > Device Settings to 250,000 as that’s pretty common for Marlin devices. Aside from that, I couldn’t tell you what is required to make it connect.

Unfortunately baud rate is already 250,000.

I tried to contact the other forum member.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.