Software OS to Windows

first of all, im not familiar with forums, so I hope I asked my questions on the right place

I always used the LightBurn software for my diode laser. I installed the software on my Macbook.
Now I bought a Co2 Ruida laser and want to upgrade my software, but im not sure if it will work on my MacBook. I tried already to install the trial version, bus it looks like it wouldn’t work.
After that I downloaded the trial version on my windows laptop and it worked without any problems.

can some tell me if it is possible to upgrade software what I used for my diode laser on my Mac to software for my Co2 laser on my Mac…

or

if it is possible tot upgrade the software what I used for my diode laser on my Mac to software for my Co2 laser on windows.

If it is not possible I think I have to buy the whole new software.
Thanks already for replying

To support both your diode and Ruida co2, you will need to upgrade the GCode version to the DSP version here:

Yes I understand, but my diode was on MAC and de Co2 is on windows. Is it still possible to upgrade?

No, this is a misunderstanding. A laser communicates via a driver compatible with the USB communication hardware in your computer. This is a software thing. With the correct driver installed on the OS of your choice, you can.

Yes, you can use LightBurn on Windows, Macs or Linux systems when using the correct driver or an Ethernet connection.

A post was split to a new topic: Need license help

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.